The Bible teaches that we should be baptized in water in the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Spirit. We believe in water baptism because Jesus himself modeled it for us. In the book of Luke it says, “When all the people were baptized, Jesus was baptized too. As he was praying, heaven was opened.” Luke 3:21
- Baptism is an the outward confession of the inward work of salvation.
- Baptism is a command. Everyone who confesses Christ should be baptized.
- Baptism comes from the word “baptize” which means to immerse.
- Baptism represents a burial of the old life and rising to the new life.
- Baptism is not a prerequisite to salvation.
- Baptism doesn’t get you to heaven… it announces to your friends you are headed to heaven.
There’s only two steps to get baptized out World Outreach.
Sign up to be baptized
at the Connection Desk,
or through our online form!
Read our FAQ